Apex Trader Funding has established itself as a prominent proprietary trading firm that provides a streamlined method for funding traders on a global scale. Their simplified One-Step Evaluation Process has gained popularity among day traders by offering an opportunity to demonstrate their trading skills within a specific timeframe in order to achieve profit goals and secure a funded account.
In this review of Apex Trader Funding, we will explore the details of their services, focusing on their evaluation programs, trading software, rule sets, and additional features.
What is Apex Trader Funding?
Apex Trader Funding is a proprietary trading firm that specializes in providing trader funding programs to day traders worldwide. What sets this company apart is its unique approach, allowing traders to utilize Apex's capital for trading futures contracts, including micro contracts.
A standout feature of Apex Trader Funding is its streamlined evaluation process, known as the One-Step Evaluation Process. This process enables traders to showcase their trading skills within a specified number of trading days, achieve the profit target, and ultimately secure a funded trading account.
The platform offers flexibility and supports a variety of trading strategies to accommodate different trading objectives. To ensure risk management, the firm establishes daily and maximum drawdown limits. However, it's crucial to understand that trading futures involves significant risks. Therefore, this review of Apex Trader Funding is meant for informational purposes only and should not replace advice from financial advisors.
How Does Apex Trader Funding Work?
Apex Trader Funding operates on a straightforward process. Traders begin by registering for an evaluation account, which offers different contract sizes ranging from $25,000 to $300,000. The evaluation program fee varies depending on the chosen contract size.
Once enrolled, traders undertake the One-Step Evaluation Process. The objective is clear: achieve the profit goal within the designated trading days while adhering to the daily and maximum drawdown limits.
The firm has established straightforward rules that traders must follow during the evaluation period. These rules include not exceeding the daily loss limit, avoiding overnight positions, and not surpassing the maximum trailing drawdown.
Upon successfully completing the evaluation process by reaching the profit target within the specified period without violating any rules, traders are provided with a funded account that maintains the same rules and targets.
Apex Trader Funding Options
Apex Trader Funding provides traders with a range of options to suit their individual needs, offering flexibility in terms of starting capital, contract sizes, profit goals, and fees. Here is an overview of the available options:
- 25K FULL: This entry-level option starts with $25,000 in capital, allowing traders to trade 4 contracts (equivalent to 40 Micros). The profit goal is $1,500, with a trailing threshold of the same value. There are no daily drawdown or scaling rules. The monthly fee for this option is $147.
- 50K FULL: With a starting capital of $50,000, traders can trade 10 contracts (100 Micros). The profit goal is $3,000, with a trailing threshold of $2,500. No daily drawdown or scaling rules apply. The monthly fee is $167.
- 75K FULL: This option offers a starting capital of $75,000, allowing traders to trade up to 12 contracts (120 Micros). The profit goal is $4,250, with a trailing threshold of $2,750. The monthly fee for this option is $187.
- 100K FULL: Traders choosing this option receive a starting capital of $100,000, with the ability to trade 14 contracts (140 Micros). The profit goal is $6,000, and the trailing threshold is $3,000. The monthly fee is $207.
- 150K FULL: With a starting capital of $150,000, traders can trade 17 contracts (170 Micros). The profit goal is $9,000, and the trailing threshold is $5,000. This option is available for a monthly fee of $297.
- 250K FULL: This option provides a significant starting capital of $250,000, allowing traders to trade 27 contracts (270 Micros). The profit goal is $15,000, with a trailing threshold of $6,500. The monthly fee for this option is $517.
- 300K FULL: The highest-tier option starts with a capital of $300,000 and permits trading of up to 35 contracts (350 Micros). The profit goal is $20,000, with a trailing threshold of $7,500. The monthly fee for this option is $657.
- 100K STATIC: Unlike the full options, this program has a static contract limit of 2 contracts (20 Micros), regardless of the starting capital. The profit goal is $2,000, with no trailing threshold but a total drawdown limit of $625. The monthly fee for this option is $137.
Each option includes a free NinjaTrader License (valued at $75) and real-time data fees (valued at $55).
For traders who do not meet the evaluation criteria, Apex Trader Funding offers evaluation resets at a cost of $80 per reset, with no limit on the number of resets.
Once a trader is funded, they are required to pay a monthly account fee of $85 per account, with a limit of up to 20 paid accounts. This fee covers data and the NinjaTrader platform fee. One-time fee options are also available.
Who is Apex Trader Funding Best For?
Apex Trader Funding is particularly beneficial for the following groups:
- Day Traders: The services provided by Apex Trader Funding are specifically designed for day traders. The firm's rule set and the opportunity to trade with their capital make it an appealing choice for day traders who want to minimize risk.
- Traders Seeking Flexibility: Apex Trader Funding caters to traders who value flexibility in their trading strategies. The firm accommodates a wide range of trading approaches, making it suitable for traders with diverse trading styles.
- Traders Targeting Larger Contract Sizes: With funding programs offering contract sizes up to $300,000, Apex Trader Funding is ideal for traders aiming to trade with substantial contract sizes.
The benefits of choosing Apex Trader Funding include:
- Range of Contract Sizes: The firm offers a variety of account sizes, allowing traders to select a contract size that aligns with their specific trading goals and risk tolerance.
- Simple Rules: Apex Trader Funding prides itself on its straightforward rule set, making it easier for traders to understand the requirements for passing the evaluation process.
- Acceptance of Various Trading Strategies: Unlike some proprietary trading firms that impose restrictions on trading strategies, Apex Trader Funding accepts a wide range of approaches, including News trading strategies. This flexibility enables traders to meet the profit target using methods that suit their individual trading style.
- Competitive Profit Split: Once funded, traders benefit from a competitive profit split, allowing them to retain a significant portion of their trading profits.
- Trade Copier Software: Apex Trader Funding provides Trade Copier software, which automates trades. This feature is particularly useful for traders who rely on automated trading systems.
Limitations of Apex Trader Funding
While Apex Trader Funding offers notable advantages, it is essential to be aware of its limitations:
Maximum Drawdown Rule: Apex Trader Funding has implemented a maximum drawdown rule that restricts the extent to which a trader's account can decline from its highest point. This rule may present challenges for traders, especially those employing riskier trading strategies.
No Overnight Positions: The firm prohibits holding positions overnight, requiring traders to close all positions before the end of the trading day. This restriction may limit certain trading strategies that rely on holding trades for an extended period.
It is important for traders to carefully evaluate these limitations and consider how they align with their trading objectives and strategies before choosing Apex Trader Funding as their trading provider.
Apex Trader Funding presents a user-friendly and adaptable platform for traders looking to obtain a funded account in futures trading. With its streamlined One-Step Evaluation Process, transparent rules, and acceptance of diverse trading strategies, it provides a strong proposition as a proprietary trading platform.
In summary, based on the Apex Trader Funding Review, it is an attractive service for day traders who aspire to secure funding, offering substantial Contract Sizes of up to $300,000.
What is Apex Trader Funding?
Apex Trader Funding is a proprietary trading firm that offers trader funding programs to day traders worldwide. They provide traders with the opportunity to prove their trading skills and earn a funded trading account.
How does the evaluation process work?
The evaluation process at Apex Trader Funding involves traders demonstrating their trading proficiency within a specified number of trading days. Traders must achieve the profit goal while adhering to the set rules and risk management parameters.
What are the rules and restrictions during the evaluation process?
During the evaluation process, traders are expected to follow certain rules, such as not exceeding the daily loss limit, avoiding overnight positions, and not surpassing the maximum trailing drawdown.
What contract sizes are available?
Apex Trader Funding offers a range of contract sizes, starting from $25,000 and going up to $300,000. Traders can choose the contract size that suits their trading goals and risk tolerance.