OANDA uses innovative computer and financial technology to provide Internet-based forex trading and currency information services to everyone, from individuals to large corporations, from portfolio managers to financial institutions.
OANDA is a market maker and a trusted source for currency data. It has access to one of the world's largest historical, high frequency, filtered currency databases.
OANDA’s launch dates back to 1996, making it one of the early online forex brokers. Today, the brand is well established in retail trading circles, offering a long list of forex instruments, global corporate FX data services, plus currency management solutions.
Although its global headquarters are in Toronto, Canada, the company has several global bases with Tokyo and London offices, among others. In fact, OANDA operates across eight global financial centres, with clients in over 196 countries. The company has also attained licenses in major regulatory jurisdictions, including in the UK, US, Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Japan.
And despite failing to get a mention in many OANDA review forums, the FxTrade platform, launched in 2001, was actually the first fully automated forex trading platform.
OANDA has built an enviable performance record since the launch of their fxTrade platform in 2001. We support regulatory oversight of the industry and the protection of forex customers, and strive to meet or exceed the requirements of our regulators.
- OANDA Corporation is a registered Retail Foreign Exchange Dealer (RFED) with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and a Forex Dealer Member (FDM) of the National Futures Association (NFA # 0325821).
- OANDA Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. is regulated and licensed in Singapore by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (CMS Licence No: CMS100122-4) and the International Enterprise Singapore (Commodity Brokers Licence No: OAP/CBL/2012) to trade commodity CFDs.
- OANDA (Canada) Corporation ULC is regulated in Canada by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC).
- OANDA Europe Limited OANDA Europe Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK, No: 542574.
- OANDA Japan Inc. holds a Type 1 Financial Instruments license from the Japanese Financial Services Agency, registration with the Kanto Local Finance Bureau #2137, and is a member of the Financial Futures Association of Japan #1571.
- OANDA Australia Pty Ltd. is regulated in Australia by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) ABN 26 152 088 349, AFSL No. 412981.
MT4 provided by OANDA
MT4 probably does not need to be said too much because every forex broker must have it, and as a trader, it is imperative to hear the name MT4 and know how to use them. With OANDA this is a software for customers who do not want or are not used to using fxTrade developed by ONADA.
Some typical features of MT4 software provided by OANDA:
- 9 timeframes
- More than 50 indicators
- Offers Order Book mode: an advanced tool that displays opened positions directly on the MT4 chart.
- Build EA and Backtest mode
- Provides watchlists, news sources, economic analysis and Access exchange rate history in a simple, easy way.
- MT4 Open Order Indicator Premium
As mentioned earlier, OANDA is not just a forex trading platform, this is also very clear if you look at the website interface design, you will see that OANDA provides many different services and is a partner. of today's leading financial services companies. And MT4 is also one of OANDA's partners from the very beginning.
For that reason, if you are a really professional trader or manager for funds, at OANDA, you can also use a section called MT4 Open Order Indicator Premium with useful features such as :
- Capturing Market Sentiment
- Identify key trends by monitoring OANDA clients' open positions
- Increased visibility based on OANDA's proprietary technology
- View all current buy and sell orders by traders trading at OANDA
- Look for support and resistance levels on the chart
However, to enjoy such benefits, you must reach a trading volume of up to 15 million USD per quarter to enjoy the free MT4 Open Order Indicator Premium version.
MT4 software provided by OANDA is fully integrated for Website, desktop for both Windows and MAC operating systems. And of course, it must be compatible with 2 mobile operating systems, iOS and Android.
- See also: What is MT4? The Most Detailed MT4 User Guide
fxTrade- Software developed exclusively by OANDA
If you are familiar with Tradingview, and always wish there was a forex broker using this software in trading, then fxTrade is what you need. Since fxTrade is powered by TradingView itself, they are really easy to use, user-friendly and beautiful.
In addition to 65 indicators, with many of the same additional features as Tradingview, you can also trade directly on the chart. The fxTrade platform allows users to trade with an impressive range of features, such as:
- The interface and functions are similar to TradingView .
- Provides more than 10 chart types including line chart, candlestick chart , Renko, Kagi
- Over 50 technical indicators, 11 drawing tools including Elliot Waves and Gann Fans and 9 other chart types .
- Integrated AutoChartist tool (we have mentioned this software in many broker reviews such as: ICMarkets , Pepperstone , so in OANDA review we won't say it again, you can see more reviews Please refer to the above platforms to understand more about this tool).
- Latest news and market analysis from Dow Jones and 4CAST
- Customizable feature with default settings for trade orders, risk and profit levels for pending orders.
- Fast execution speed under 1 millisecond on V20 platform, for better trading in volatile market.
- fxTrade is not only compatible with Android and iOS operating systems, but can also be used on mobile devices and tablets.
Currently, Oanda exchange only provides 2 types of accounts for investors to use
Just like other brokers, Oanda offers several popular asset classes: Forex, metals, commodities, indices and bonds.
- Forex: Oanda offers over 55 currency pairs, including majors, crosses and exotics – a pair made up of a major and a new economy currency floating or small economies, like USD/TRY
- Commodity products: including 4 types of agricultural products (corn, wheat, sugar, soybeans) and 3 types of energy (Brent oil, WTI oil, natural gas)
- Indices: with 16 stock indices from many different markets such as the US, UK, Australia, Hong Kong…
- Bonds: the exchange offers 6 bonds from 2 UK and US markets: UK 10Y Gilt, US T-Bond…
- Metals: there are 4 metals traded in Oanda, namely gold, silver, platinum and palladium, in which, gold and silver are quoted in multiple currencies and cross quotes form the Gold/Silver pair.
- Currently, investors can also trade cryptocurrencies, but only 2 main types are Bitcoin and Mini Bitcoin.
Deposit and Withdrawal
To initiate the first deposit into an Oanda trading account traders can make use of a Debit card, Bank Wire Transfer, Check (USD), and Automated Clearing House payments. Withdrawals on the other hand can be done via a Debit Card and Bank Wire Transfer only.
|Payment Method||Deposit Processing||Withdrawal Processing|
|Local Transfers||1 business day||1 to 10 business days|
|Debit Card||1 business day||1 to 10 business days|
|Credit Card||1 business day||1 to 10 business days|
|Bank Wire||1 business day||1 to 10 business days|
|Bank Transfers||1 business day||1 to 10 business days|
|Skrill||1 business day||1 to 10 business days|
|Neteller||1 business day||1 to 10 business days|
|Mobile Bank Transfers||1 business day||1 to 10 business days|
|International e-Wallets||1 business day||1 to 10 business days|
Fee and Commission
Oanda charges a few different fees. There are no deposits fees. Clients get one free credit or debit card withdrawal per month, while bank transfers incur a fee. Other fees include inactivity and currency conversion fees.
In the spread-only pricing option, the broker’s commission is included in the spread. There is no explicit commission for trading. As a result, spread rates are calculated slightly above the market average.
Core Pricing Plus Commission
As the name suggests, the spread rate is lower than the market average. But the trader has to pay a fixed rate of commission to the broker for each trade.
Oando has a relatively straightforward and competitive fee structure. Besides the abovementioned trading fees, there are a few non-trading fees, such as withdrawal and inactivity fees.
There is no minimum deposit at Oanda for a standard account. The withdrawal fees depend on the method of withdrawal payment and currency conversion. This is because each payment service provider charges differently to the brokers for processing the payment. For example, Oanda charges its clients for requesting a wire transfer, but there is no withdrawal fee for debit cards.
Previously, Oanda didn’t use to charge inactivity fees. But now, it charges 10 units of currency (for example, $10 in the US) per month until the trader terminates the account or resumes trading again. The inactivity fee is charged if the account has no open trades for at least 12 months.
The support website also has a good knowledge base and searchable archive that should answer most questions about the trading platforms and order types. But this experience is likely to be inadequate for both very experienced and very inexperienced investors.
OANDA is a dedicated forex trading platform. It is a serviceable product and works perfectly well, but interface design issues and a lack of innovative features mean that it doesn’t stand out in a crowded marketplace. However, investors who particularly rely on fundamental analysis may want to consider it.
Is it easy to withdraw funds from OANDA?
Yes, the OANDA withdrawal process is easy, and the broker provides a helpful guideline for each country that it offers trading services and solutions.
How long will it take for funds to reflect after I withdraw from OANDA?
OANDA has a certain processing time, and it could take longer for the funds to reach your bank account depending on the withdrawal method you used.
How long will it take for OANDA to process my withdrawal request?
OANDA will process your withdrawal request within one business day. This means that the withdrawal process might take longer over weekends and public holidays.
Can I withdraw my deposit bonus from OANDA?
No, if you have received a deposit bonus from OANDA this is not cash to withdraw, but trading credit that you can use.
Once you have earned a profit, you can withdraw this, subject to the terms and conditions of the bonus offered.