According to this broker, the story behind the founding of Pepperstone had to do with the founders’ desire to make trading easier. Pepperstone was founded in 2010, and its goal is to provide good customer support, low-cost spreads, and high-tech features.
Pepperstone has two account offerings: Razor and Standard. Each has slightly different conditions, and they’re geared towards scalpers or new traders, respectively. Other high points of this broker include the competitive spreads and multiple platforms available (including MetaTrader). Read through to see what else Pepperstone has to offer interested clients.
Who Is Pepperstone Recommended For?
- Segregation & Regulation. This broker is regulated by FCA, ASIC, DFSA, SCB, CMA, CYSEC, and BaFIN. It keeps segregated client funds in Tier 1 banks.
- Customer Support. This broker offers award-winning client support from its global team. Customer service is available 24 hours a day, Monday to Friday. There are also extended weekend support hours.
- Reliable Execution. With Pepperstone, there is low-latency, fast execution in under 30ms.
- You can trade on three free powerful industry-leading platforms: MT4, MT5 and cTrader.
- Competitive Spreads. You can get consistently competitive spreads and low commissions. Spreads start at 0.0 pips on the Pepperstone Razor Account.
- MetaTrader 4 – the most popular of the MetaTrader suite, which has become standard for traders over the past few decades. With MT4, you can customize the way you trade, build and run expert advisors with MQL4, ID high-probability trades using Autochartist, and access twenty-eight indicators and EAs using MT4’s Smart Trader suite.
- MetaTrader 5 – as you may have guessed from the name, is the more advanced version of MT4. It is the more powerful release of the platform, and there are all of the features from MT4 with greater functionality. You can code easily, and there is faster processing and advanced customization.
- CTrader – replicates the institutional trading environment. Pepperstone says it is perfect for people who are just getting started with trading. You can access FIX API, code with cTrader Automate, and control order fills and slippage with the platform’s advanced features. All three of these platforms, MetaTraders 4 and 5 and cTrader, are available with Pepperstone.
Compliance & Regulation
Regulatory bodies governing Pepperstone include: the Financial Conduct Authority (United Kingdom), Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (Cyprus), Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (Germany), Australian Securities and Investments Commission (Australia), Dubai Financial Services Authority (United Arab Emirates), and SCB (The Securities Commission of The Bahamas, (SIA-F217).
When it comes to spreads, commissions, and swaps, Pepperstone uses various liquidity providers from Tier 1 banks and other institutions to help keep quotes competitive. Depending on what account you have with Pepperstone, your spreads could start as low as 0.0. There are only commissions when you have a Razor account and are trading CFDs on shares and forex. If you’re using MT5 or MT4, micro-lots are rounded down or up.
The swap rate, which is a rollover interest rate charged when you hold positions overnight, is released weekly by institutions that Pepperstone works with. These rates are calculated based on market conditions and risk management analysis. You can find this broker’s swap rates posted on the trading platforms, though the rates are subject to change, based on how volatile the market is.
Pepperstone Reliability & Security
Pepperstone User Experience
To judge user experience, we can look to reviews from other broker-related publications. The ratings look good for Pepperstone, including results like:
- ForexBrokers.com: 4/5
- 55Brokers.com: 5/5
- BrokerChooser.com: 4.5/5
- Investopedia.com: 4.4/5
- TrustPilot: 4.7/5
- CompareForexBrokers.com: 4.6/5
- Forex-Ratings.com: 5/5
- DailyForex.com: 4.6/5
Final Thoughts on Pepperstone
Overall, Pepperstone appears to be an excellent broker. Its customers have given it rave reviews, and it has both MetaTrader 4 and 5 on offer, which is a high point. This broker has a wide range of assets and competitive spreads, making it a serious competitor in the trading industry.